Monday, August 27, 2012

CURRICULUM NIGHT

Hello!
Just a reminder that Curriculum Night is this Thursday!  I am looking forward to seeing all of you at one of our kindergarten sessions.  Please click in the "comments" section at the end of this blog and let me know which session you will be attending.  The two choices are 6:00-6:35 and 6:45-7:20!  The sessions will be in our classroom.  Please make a name tag as you enter the room!

Curriculum Night Topics:
Daily Schedule:  parts of our day
Curriculum:  reading, writing, and math
Communications:  blog, Wednesday folders, e-mail, and phone calls
Behavior Expectations:  rules, strikes, think time, & "yeah for me" notes
Parent Practice:  making letters, drawing, and counting
Questions & Answers

Goodies and Gifts:
Remember that I will be giving away prizes every 10 minutes and that I have a gift for all of the parents who attend...not to mention materials for you to use with your children at home!

One More Thought:
This is a night for sharing a lot of information, interacting, and learning all about the "new" kindergarten....not the kindergarten of "days gone by" when you and I went to school!  In order to help us all focus and make the most of our time, please make other arrangements for your children.  Thank you.
   
  

3 comments:

  1. I'm planning on attending the 6-6:35 session.
    Chelsea Hiemer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linnea's mom and dad will be at the 6:00 session. Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning on attending the 6-6:35 session - Erin Sharpe (Brynlee's mom)

    ReplyDelete